Friday, September 19, 2008

Folk Dancing and my week at school

So.... Today is friday and I was finished with school at 11:05. Wednesday my history/geography teacher finally realized that I am not french. He was talking about the Grandes Plaines and I excitedly told my friend Zoe that's where I'm from and he heard and was wondering why I was speaking then my french friends told him I am americaine. I thought it was hilarious I had been in his class for three weeks and he finally found out I am not french.. All of my other teachers found that out on the first day of class. I also helped to cut open a mouse wednesday which wouldnt have been so bad if I knew I was going to be cutting open a mouse that day. I got to class and lifted the towel that was over the mouse in the pan and kinda froze a bit. It was fun though. Thursday our class went to the city of Pontchara to visit the library and local sport association. We also visited a planned parenthood kind of place, of course once again I did not know what was going on and was a little bit shocked when I looked around the room and saw posters about spermatozoide.. The people at the planned parenthood wanted to know what we were taught about protection in the US and I told them abstinance and they laughed and in very bad broken english said "oh but kids will have sex" and I agreed and looked down at the floor..
Last night I tried folk dancing. It was actually pretty fun. I danced with the instructor and he spun me around quite a bit. I think folk dancing is the french equivalent to square dancing so I was a little hesitant to try it but I am really glad I did..
Oh and I am not sure if I have mentioned but I really like the other exchange students.. each has something different about them that I like.
Next weekend is a big rotary event where they will have a talent show.. My father suggested that I do comedy.. Well if you know me that is not a good idea.. I constantly laugh at my own jokes and digress quite often.. I think I might recite a poem, but I joked with my family about doing arm farts or spitting chewing tabacco into a spitoon from a ways back. If you have any suggestions let me know.. oh and i can not sing or dance nor do i want to..
~Relaxing this weekend~ Olivia

1 comment:

Ttrinity said...

I think a poem recited is cool..or perhaps a short story reading? Hmmmm. My true talent is reciting the states in alphabetical order in less than a minute....probalby not really considered entertainment. LOL. Looking forward to your next entry.