Sunday, September 14, 2008

Lugaro, School Friends, Random stuff

So, it has been quite a while since I have last updated my blog. Last weekend I was up until five with Olivier and his friends. Olivier is my host brother and he left for Scotland this Saturday so he had a going away party. The french play tons of drinking games. It was so funny to watch them. I was allowed to play but when I lost Olivier had to drink. It was so funny. Olivier is a very well-mannered nice person and all his friends were trying to get him drunk. Olivier is a great big brother. I really mean that. He constantly was telling his friends that I was not allowed to drink.
We played some game called lugaro which is similar to the game mafia. Its a card game and each person is allowed to do different things. Lugaro means wearwolf in english andI was the wearwolf for the first few games and I kept winning so by the time the night had wore on a bit all the boys were saying I was tricky and they wouldnt trust me. It was so much fun I would always accuse fredderick of being the wearwolf and for a while they agreed with me. The kids were so nice. They included me really well and a few spoke very good english so they would translate things for me.
School is really long and boring but my friends amuse me beyond belief. They try to trip eachother and we set trashcans in front of eachother's bathroom stalls. They also randomly start singing and dancing. They are so much fun. When they see me in the morning they yell E-livia and then we go to the front of the school so they can smoke.
So many kids at school smoke. They smoke before and after we have gym. I even saw one boy smoking while he was riding his bike.
The school schedule is so stupid. We are there until 5:15 each day and have huge breaks in between classes. If they reformed their schedule we would only have to go until about two or three each day. Lunch is from 12 until 1:20
Oh and the other exchange students are really fun too. They are more enthusiastic about american pop culture than I am. They sing that I have never even heard before and are shocked when I dont know it.
Yesterday we took Olivier to the airport in Geneva Switzerland. I do not think Switzerland is as beautiful as france. Geneva did have some good pizza though.. The french don't hug when someone is leaving for a long time.. We all kissed olivier and that was it. I was really surprised. When I left to get on my plane my family hugged me for quite a while.
After being home for a while I went to a party with Gilles and Anne for their friend who is retiring. My friend Gwenille was there and I think I have convinced her to do foreign exchange to America. She loved the idea of prom and all of the things we do with in our schools.
Today I went with Olivier (My neighbor) for a walk throught the village and to visit the castle in Touvet. We ran into some of his friends and played soccer. Oh and I finished all of my homework for once.. I hadn't been doing anything besides english and math for a while so I am quite pleased with myself.

Until next time !Bizzoux!

1 comment:

Ttrinity said...

Catching up on blogs. Thanks for the great picture of your experiences. It sounds like a BLAST, E-livia!