Friday, December 5, 2008

My week

School this week was more tiring than usual. I think this is due to the fact that I can understand more so now I try harder to pay attention, this also means that I have to start doing all of my homework. Monday I had a test for Physics. I studied for it, but I am not sure I did too well. I had to draw a submarine that sent out to help signals and calculate the length of time it took for the signals to reach both the surface of the water and the bottom of the ocean. I also drew the little mermaid and flounder next to the submarine; I hope the teacher likes them and does not give me a bad grade. Physics is really hard. I have never had it before, so learning it in french is making it at least 20 times more difficult. At least now when I don't understand I have the vocabulary to specifically ask for help. I don't just say je ne comprends pas. I can tell the teacher what I am having problems with.
Tuesday my economics teacher asked me to make an exposee about america. I can either choose school or the economic system. I am already making an exposee about school for English class so soon I will start working on explaining the American economic system. I think that will be somewhat difficult, but I am up for the challenge. I really like my economics teacher. Whenever he talks about America in his class he includes me into the discussion. He jokes around with me too, I don't always understand though. My spanish teacher is an absolute witch. She read all the grades outloud (grades in France are based on a scale from 1-20). I had a five. Which is fine with me because I am not here to learn spanish. After she read my grade, in front of the whole class, she started chastising me. She was saying that I knew the verbs very well, but I didn't study. It really embarrassed me and made me feel awful. I don't think she would like it very much if she were in my position. Spanish is difficult and she always compares spanish to french and I do not know enough french yet to make the connection.
Wednesday was my half day of school. I had biology, physics, and geography. After school I had lunch with my friend Mariska and we got on the bus for Cross Country. We went with our school to Grenoble. We talked the whole way there. I'm really glad we did too. She is really interesting and shy. I ran 3 miles in the cold and ran with out stopping. I was nowhere near 1st place, but I was happy to have finished.
Thursday my class and I got to go to the movies. We watched some film about the french soldiers in Algeria. It was really good and I could understand, but I was tired from running the day before so I fell asleep and missed the ending. I brought topsy's popcorn with me to the theater and shared with my friends. I'm not sure who, but someone sent me a huge tin of Topsy's. Whoever it was THANK YOU!
Friday I had class until 12, came home slept, cleaned my room, and went to aikido. My teacher told me he can tell I understand better. Everything is going a lot more smoothly..
Anyways, that was my week...
Bisous
Au revoir

1 comment:

maria esperanza georgia noel hale said...

Hasta la vista guapa..sorry can't give you comments in french. ...Well I could but not in the kind of french you are learning. :)

Your spanish teacher does sound tuff!

Peace!